THE NATIONS: MEETING 1
The term nation occurs over five hundred times in Scripture. It doesn't stand for individual countries, but groups of people within countries. There are just under 200 countries in the world, there are over 7,500 people groups.
Read the following verses. They are from each literary section of the Bible. What words and phrases indicate God’s desire to make Himself known to everyone?
- Law: Genesis 12:3
- History: 1 Chronicles 16:23-24
- Poetry: Psalm 67:2-3
- Prophecy: Isaiah 12:4-5
- Gospels: Matthew 28:16–20
- History: Acts 1:8
- Epistles: Romans 1:5
- Prophecy: Revelation 7:9–10
Reaching the Unreached (4:20)
- Read the following quotes from the video. Which one stands out the most to you? Explain.
"There are almost three billion people who will live and die without ever hearing the story [of God’s love]. Not because they don’t care, but because they don’t have a choice."
"40% of the world does not know this [the gospel], and they won't know unless something changes, not unless someone goes to tell them."
"Only 3% of missionaries are going to the 40% who have never heard about Jesus. Only 1% of cross-cultural giving goes to the [almost] three billion people who have never heard about Jesus."
"We have an imbalance, are we okay with this?"
"We have a Spirit-led calling to rethink our focus."
- What else stood out to you from the video?
The Biblical Basis of Missions/ God's Heart for the Nations (6:28)
- What stood out to you from the video?
Which of the following quotes stands out to you most? Explain.
- “It’s only good news if it gets there in time.” — Carl Henry
- “No one has the right to hear the gospel twice while there remains someone who has not heard it once.”— Oswald J. Smith
- “Missions exists because worship doesn’t.”— John Piper
- “We talk of the second coming when half the world has not even heard of the first.” — Oswald J. Smith
- "It will not do to say that you have no special call to go…you need rather ascertain whether you have a special call to stay." – Hudson Taylor
PODs. An overview of the resource you're presently going through.
Share the most important thing you learned in this meeting, and let it serve as a guide as the group prays together.
Only the Global POD has closing videos. They are for refection, and enjoyment, not group discussion.
- Watch Shine (7:28)