One Hour Small Group Leader Information
Have you attended all the meetings for a previous small group session?
This is a prerequisite to lead a small group. If you have not done so, please participate in all the meetings of a small group session. This will ensure agreement with the principles, alignment with the philosophy, and understanding of the practices of the ministry. These are critical elements to a healthy small group ministry.
Are you trusting in the sacrificial death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ alone for forgiveness of your sins and eternal life?
Do you believe Jesus died for your sins, rose from the dead, and based on trusting in Him alone, your sins are forgiven and you will spend eternity with God?
Please read John 3:16; Romans 6:23; I Corinthians 15:3-4,57; 1 Peter 2:24.
Please watch any least two of the videos at the Believe section of the website.
Is this your church home?
Home Church is defined as the place you attend, serve, give, and the one place you would vote, if asked to do so. Membership is not a requirement to be a leader or host. If this is not your home Church, will you make it so?
Do you agree with the statement of faith of this ministry?
We align with the Lausanne Covenant.
Have you read and do you agree with the principles and practices listed in the resources below?
Will you do the following?
- Use the resource (Discovery Bible Study: DBS) selected by the leader of small groups?
- Lead by facilitating discussion, rather than by lecture?
- Involve an apprentice in a leadership role, should someone emerge with potential? Let someone lead a session.
- Rely on your coach for help and guidance?
- Stay focused on the simple transformative elements of demonstrating love and discussing truth?
- Attend Wrap Up? It is critical to a healthy small group ministry.
If you answered yes to all the questions above and are willing to be a small group leader, please contact the leader of the small group ministry. Thank you so much!