Read Luke 24:13–49. This is one in a series of studies on this passage. This story shows the progression of the gospel from the local starting point to a global finish line.
- Read verse 27. Why is exposure to Scripture essential for an unreached Hindu to experience salvation?
- Read verse 31. Based on how slavation was experienced in this passage, how does an unreached Hindu actually experience saving faith? Are any of the following necessary: praying a sinner’s prayer, raising a hand, going forward at an altar call, signing a booklet? Explain.
Watch Vision National India (3:30)
- “The threefold approach of Vision Nationals is to provide for orphans, care for widows, and train Indian nationals to plant churches.
What is the value of partnering with this type of ministry?
What else stood out to you from the video?
Watch A Day in the Life of Santosh (3:27)
- One worker serving among orphans said, “Seeing orphaned and abandoned children come alive as a result of being loved is indescribable. Seeing this is what made me say, ‘This is what I want to do with my life.’”
What do you want to do with your Christian life?
Watch How to Know if You are Called (3:33)
- What stood out to you from this video?
- “In a consumer society, expectations dare not plateau, because a growing economy depends on rising expectations...the more we let our level of contentment be determined by outside factors—a new car, fashionable clothes, a prestigious career, social status—the more we relinquish control over our own happiness” — Paul Brand, medical missionary to India
Agree or disagree? Explain.
What outside factors do we let determine our level of contentment? Explain.
Become SOGY. Support others by forming a World Team or go yourself by contacting a mission agency. Describe your journey of becoming SOGY.
Share the most important thing you learned at this meeting, and let it serve as a guide as your group prays together.