- Open the meeting with a leader lead prayer.
- Review the tools taught the previous week. Ask someone to explain and see if anyone had an experience applying it.
- Look at the Overview together. Review it so people have an idea of where they are in the disciple-making process.
- Read about Discovery Study 1. Read the instructions about each week's tool. Read the "Two Steps" section here and the "Helpful Information" section during Debrief.
- Demonstrate the tool with the entire group.
Do an abbreviated version of Discovery Study 1. Read and review a short passage. Ask someone to pick one thing about God, one thing about man, one thing about the gospel (if it's mentioned), one thing it said to them, and who you could tell.
- Practice what you just demonstrated.
Pick one passage for all the groups to practice together. Try to make sure the term Good News is in the passage. Type the word "Good News" in the search bar in BibleGateway to find a passage containing it. Ask the group to write down at least three answers for each of the first three questions. Ask them to do all five questions together. Make sure to save the answers on a master list so it can be used for the next meeting. Discovery Study 2 questions are based on Discovery Study answers.
- Review what you just practiced.
Gather the group back together into one larger group and ask them two questions. The first question is, "What did you just learn about the concept (not the content) of Discovery Study 1?" The second question is, "Will someone in the group tell us how to do the tool we just learned without reading it?"
- Read the "Helpful Information" section of the Discovery Study 1. Then ask if anyone has any questions.
- Encourage everyone to practice using the tools.
Remind them that the key to gaining the confidence to use the tools with others is to practice between meetings.
- Offer a resource. Radical, by David Platt.
- Pray as a group.
Ask group members to lead out in prayer about the tools and video concepts.
- Watch one or more for reflection.
How Discipleship Works (2:21)
This is Discipling (1:58)