Read Luke 24:13–49. This is one of a series of studies on this passage. This story shows the progression of the gospel from the local starting point to a global finish line.
- Read verse 19. Some people have never heard of Jesus at all. Others may have only a limited understanding of Him. They know Him only to be a prophet, miracle worker, or teacher.
What five key truths about Jesus would you impart to clarify His identity?
- Read verses 22–24. What is the significance of the resurrection?
Watch High Hopes (4:10)
- "God opened every door that was closed."
In your own words, describe "open door/closed door" theology?
- "These are the places God has placed on my heart and called us to do his work."
Has God placed a Muslim people on your heart? Explain.
- I'm excited for the day when I can walk through these communities and instead of seeing people full of despair and poverity, I see people full of hope and life because of what God has done through us."
What role does vision play in missions?
Watch Rani’s Story (2:33)
- What stood out to you from this video?
- “I did not know who God was, but He knew who I was.”
"Our task is to make the invisible God, visible." — Kay Warren
How can we help people know the God who knows them?
How can we make God visible?
Watch Should I Go? (2:28)
- So, shold she go? What advice would you give someone in this situation?
Excerpt from Amy Carmichael: Rescuer of Precious Gems by Janet Benge.
- “For one thing, she would no longer waste time on things that weren’t important in God’s eyes. When all the things she’d done in her life were finally judged by God, she wanted them to be found worthwhile. She wanted them to be seen as gold and silver, not hay and stubble.”
Are we wasting time on things that aren’t worthwhile? Explain
Become SOGY. Support others by forming a World Team or go yourself by contacting a mission agency. Describe your journey of becoming SOGY.
Share what you learned in this meeting and pray about it as a group.