This is the first coaching meeting. The format is different.
- Open the meeting with leader-led prayer.
- Inform the group that this is the first coaching meeting. There is no teaching of new tools. The format is different. It consists of two segments; Review & Assist, and Schedule.
Review and Assist
- Review the Overview together. Read it slowly so people can have an idea of where they are in the disciple-making process.
- Assist by asking two key questions, “What is your next step?” and "How can we help you get there?" These are the two questions for Coaching meetings moving forward. Let the group help each other. Encourage cross-pollination. Be ready to reteach tools. The goal is to encourage and equip (as needed).
- Pick a date for the next coaching meeting. Do this at the end of each coaching meeting. Don't overlook Coaching meetings. They are the difference between someone just knowing the tools and someone becoming a lifelong disciple-maker. Coaching is that important! Consider meeting the same day, time, and location as Tool Box. Keep it to ninety minutes. Plan for refreshments at the end.
- Watch The Freedom Project (5:13)
- Ask the group to close in prayer.