- Open the meeting with a leader-led prayer.
- Review the tools taught in the previous weeks. Ask someone to explain it and see if anyone had an experience applying it.
- Look at the Overview together. Read it slowly so people can have an idea of where they are in the disciple-making process.
- Read about Discovery Study 2 in its entirety. It is essential to read the complete instruction about each week's tool.
- Demonstrate the tool with the entire group. Do an abbreviated version of Discovery Study 2 by providing a nugget, letting them create three questions, and answer one.
- Practice what you just modeled. Divide the group into smaller units and move them into breakaway groups. Direct them to practice with each other what they just read and saw modeled. One person in the group leads the rest of the group doing a Discovery Study 2. Let them do all three steps; discover a nugget, develop questions, and discuss the questions. Remind them to move quickly through Steps 1 and 2 or that they won't get through Step 3.
- Review what you just practiced. Gather the group back together into one larger group and ask them two questions; The first question is, "How did it go?" The second question is, "Will someone in the group tell us how to do the tool we just learned without looking at the book?" Ask another person to teach the other tools learned in the previous weeks. The group can help those in the teacher role.
- Encourage them to apply the tool they learned during the coming week. Remind them you’ll be asking them about it next week. Let them know everyone will make different progress on this each week.
- Offer a resource. Radical Together, by David Platt. Tell them each week you'll be offering a resource for those who want to go deeper and read on their own. It is not required reading and will not be discussed in the meetings.
- Watch Spiritual Multiplication (2:07). It is just for reflection.
- Pray as a group. Ask group members to lead out in prayer about the tools and video content.