Read Luke 24:13–49. This is one of a series of studies on this passage. This story shows the progression of the gospel from the local starting point to a global finish line.
- Read verse 47. Like a giant relay race, what started in Jerusalem has traveled all the way to your heart. However, it was never meant to end there. The gospel baton is to be handed off to the nations.
Is God prompting you to hand the gospel baton to unreached peoples in general and Hindus specifically? Explain.
- Read verse 48. What is the responsibility of those who have witnessed the saving power of the gospel?
What four words describe your witness from unbelief to today?
Watch What If (6:28)
- This is a powerful video about trafficking in Nepal and India. Contact Love Justice International to learn more and get involved.
What stood out to you from this video?
Watch Bridge of Hope Part 1 (8:52) and/or Bridge of Hope Part2 (6:26)
- K.P. Yohannan gives leadership to an amazing ministry called Gospel for Asia (GFA) which spreads the gospel in India by serving those who live in the slums. They share the gospel through medical camps, schools for children, literacy for women, and digging wells.
What stood out to you from the video(s) you watched?
Watch Every Christian is a Missionary (2:54)
- What stood out to you from this message?
Excerpts from Revolution in World Missions by K.P. Yohannan.
- “Part of the sin of pride is a subtle but deep racism” (K. P. Yohannan, Revolution in World Missions).
Agree or disagree? Explain.
- “All too often, it seems, we’re willing to be students of Christianity rather than disciples of Christ.” —K.P Yohannan.
What’s the difference?
Become SOGY. Support others by forming a World Team or go yourself by contacting a mission agency. Describe your journey of becoming SOGY.
Share the most important thing you learned at this meeting, and let it serve as a guide as your group prays together.