Read Acts 20:21–25. This is a multi-part study on this passage
- “My life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God” (verse 24).
Complete this sentence for yourself: “My Christian life is worth nothing to me unless I...”
- Regarding global missions to unreached peoples, author John Piper writes, “Risk is right, It is better to lose your life than waste it."
Do you agree or disagree? Explain.
Watch Rob Climbs a Holy Mountain (7:35)
- "It was really easy to connect with them [locals]. That says a lot about future workers in the region. It's not so hard as we might think."
Does this change your image of ministry to unreached Muslims? Explain.
- “To be continued...”
How can we help continue this story? Explain.
- What else stood out to you from this video?
Watch East Islands Launch Team (2:55)
- "We would like to invite you to come launch with us."
What does it sound like to hear God's invitation to launch with them?
- What else stood out to you from the video?
Watch The Time Is Now (1:44)
- Why is now the time to get involved in bringing the gospel to unreached Muslims?
All excerpts are from Miraculous Movements by Jerry Trousdale.
- “If you want to touch a Muslim’s heart for the gospel, you have to be a genuine friend. You need to ask God to give you honest concern for them, not see Muslims as trophy conversions, but as people whom God loves and whom you can love as well” (p. 85).
Why is genuine friendship so important when trying to share the gospel with unreached Muslims?
- “People of peace are God’s pre-positioned agents to bridge the gospel to their family, their friends, or their workplace. This element of Jesus’ strategy for engaging lost-ness is perhaps one of the most significant principles, and also one of the most neglected principles, for entering unreached people groups” (p. 90).
Imagine your mission team is in a city completely inhabited by unreached Muslims. How would you go about discovering people of peace? What steps would you take to find those disillusioned with Islam and curious about the Bible?
- “Making disciples is very different from making converts. Disciple-making requires time and relationship. Disciple making does not typically depend on formulas of salvation or on strangers leading strangers in a quick decision regarding personal destiny. Disciple makers are prepared to invest weeks, months, and maybe years developing genuine friendships, facilitating someone’s discovery of and obedience to God’s story from creation to Christ, and eventually giving Jesus his life allegiance.” (p. 180).
Does this differ from how many Christians view disciple making? Explain.
Is it permissible to say you’re in a disciple making relationship with someone who is not yet a Christian? Explain.
Read any Global Starting Point
Become SOGY. Support others by forming a World Team or go yourself by contacting a mission agency. Describe your journey of becoming SOGY.
Reflect on what you have learned in this meeting, and let it guide your prayer as you pray together as a group.
Don't forget about Global Tools. They are there to help you become a Global disciple maker.