- Open the meeting with a leader-led prayer.
- Review the tools taught in the previous weeks. Ask someone to explain it and see if anyone had an experience applying it.
- Look at the Overview together. Read it slowly so people can have an idea of where they are in the disciple-making process.
- Read about Discovery Study 2 in its entirety. It is essential to read the complete instruction about each week's tool.
- Demonstrate the tool with the entire group. Do an abbreviated version of Discovery Study 2 by providing a nugget, letting them create two questions, and answer one.
- Practice what you just modeled. Divide the group into smaller units and move them into breakaway groups. Direct them to practice with each other what they just read and saw modeled. One person in the group leads the rest of the group doing a Discovery Study 2. Let them do all three steps; discover a nugget, develop questions, and discuss the questions. Remind them to move quickly through Steps 1 and 2 or that they won't get through Step 3.
- Review what you just practiced. Gather the group back together into one larger group and ask them two questions; The first question is, "What did you just learn?" The second question is, "Will someone in the group tell us how to do the tool we just learned without reading it?" Ask the group to tell about tools from the previous meetings.
- Encourage everyone to practice using the tools. Remind them that the key to gaining the confidence to use the tools with others is to practice using them between meetings.
- Offer a resource. Risk Is Right, by John Piper
- Pray as a group. Ask group members to lead out in prayer about the tools and video content.
- Watch one or more for reflection.
Spiritual Multiplication (2:07)
What is a Trader? (2:18)