Read Matthew 28:16–20. (Part 3 of 3)
- “Baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit” Vs. 19
Describe what baptism is...and what it isn’t.
- “Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you” Vs. 20
How does one teach disciples to obey, rather than just know? Try and answer this on your own. If necessary, read Local Starting Points 8 and 11 for helpful information.
- “And be sure of this: I am with you always.” Vs. 20
Why did Jesus remind us that He is always with us as we fulfill the Great Commission?
Watch Radical (2:06)
- “We have a Master who demands radical obedience and a mission that warrants radical urgency, and we do not have time to waste our lives living out a Christian spin on the American dream” (David Platt).
What does radical obedience and radical urgency look like.
Watch Lost (5:22)
- “The missionary question is not, where are there unbelievers? and then send a missionary there. There are unbelievers everywhere! The missionary question is, where are there peoples who don’t have any Christians in them? That’s the missionary question” (John Piper).
Are we asking the right missionary question? Explain.
- “What’s the purpose of God for the nations? God’s purpose is that He be praised. Oh, that we could get a heavenly mindedness about the world so that we could see it as God sees it. Lives are a vapor, eternity is long, heaven is ecstatic with joy, hell is horrific with pain. These are the great realities” (John Piper).
Are these the great realities of the church? Are theses the great realities of your heart? Explain.
All excerpts are from The Abrahamic Revolution by Todd Ahrend
- "Nothing slows the momentum for missions more than bad theology...approximately two-thirds of evangelicals (64 percent) think there are multiple paths to salvation”(locations 3058, 3204–6).
Do you think there are multiple paths to salvation? Explain. If so, read John 14:6, 1 Timothy 2:5, and Acts 4:12.
Why is the answer so crucial to mission momentum?
- “Did you know that 86 percent of Buddhists, Hindus, andMuslims...do not have a [single] Christian friend?”(locations 3153–54).
Does this surprise you? Explain.
- “Which is more important--the rescuer who goes down into the well to save a life or the man at the top holding the rope?” (locations 3245–46).
So, which is more important? Explain.
Become SOGY. Support others by forming a World Team or go yourself by contacting a mission agency. Describe your journey of becoming SOGY
Share the most important thing you learned at this meeting, and let it serve as a guide as your group prays together.
Watch Missions Quotes (4:24)