Read Acts 16:11–15. This is part two of a two-part study on this passage.
- Read verses 13–15. You never know who you’re going to encounter on a mission trip. Don’t be surprised if you meet people who are open to the gospel. They just need exposure to the Scripture to complete their faith journey.
What verse of Scripture is guaranteed to bring any Muslim to lasting faith in Jesus Christ? Come up with some answers as a group then read the answer at the end.
Watch Multiply Chad (3:45)
- “It’s a challenge to live here. But a lot of the easier places to get to already are reached with the gospel. And it’s the forgotten places like this that haven’t been touched with God’s word yet.”
Is going to forgotten places to share the gospel with unreached Mulsims a worthwhile venture? Explain.
- “Their heart language is a totally oral language."
If you had to pick three stories about Jesus to share with oral learners, what would they be?
- “These people have been Muslim for hundreds of years and don’t even consider an alternative to being that.”
As a group, create a four-step strategy that might enable the gospel to penetrate the ingrained mindset of this type of people.
Watch Myriam (6:33)
- SAT 7 broadcasts the gospel throughout the Middle East and North Africa. Often Muslims in this part of the world who encounter the gospel do so through satellite transmission.
What are your thoughts about what you just saw?
Have you considered partnering with a communications ministry as a means of encouraging Christians and sharing the gospel with unreached Muslims in the Middle East and North Africa? Explain.
Watch I want to follow Christ (0:54)
- Arab World Media is another communication ministry worth knowing about.
What stood out to you from this video?
All excerpts from Samuel Zwemer: The Burden of Arabia by Janet Benge.
- “He was now feeling much better and at age sixty-six, and was determined to start a mission station in Muscat, Oman” (locations 642–43).
When is someone too old to get involved in missions to unreached Muslims?
- “The burden of Arabia is Islam, but that burden is being lifted. God’s providence and His gospel are at work” (location 1896).
Why do suppose this is so?
- “Never have I regretted choosing a hard field and an impossible task” (locations 1921–22).
What would cause a person to say this?
Become SOGY. Support others by forming a World Team or go yourself by contacting a mission agency. Describe your journey of becoming SOGY.
Reflect on what you have learned in this meeting and let it guide your prayer as you pray together as a group.
Answer from above
The answer is whatever verse the Holy Spirit chooses to bring that particular unreached Muslim to saving faith in Jesus Christ. In other words, there is no magic verse. God uses multiple places all over Scripture to bring about true conversion, even for Muslims. God even used verses from the book of Matthew (written for a Jewish audience) to bring a Pakistani Muslim to faith in Christ. This is why our strategy is to simply invite people to read the Scriptures. This allows the Holy Spirit to choose which Scriptures he wants to use to convert a person.