Read John 10:16
- In Westminister Abbey, is a tombstone upon which are engraved the words, “Other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring.” It's the grave of the great missionary to Africa, David Livingstone. The incredible truth of this verse stirred him to bring the gospel to the lost souls of that continent. Presently, there are countless individuals among unreached people groups who will become believers. They will respond to the gospel. They are just waiting to hear it from someone.
Does this verse stir your heart? Explain.
Read John 17:18
- Jesus was sent into the world to create the gospel; the fantastic news that God has forgiven our sins and given us eternal life through the sacrifice and resurrection of His Son. We are sent into the world to share the gospel Jesus created. His mission to us sets in motion our mission to others.
Describe where you are in the process of helping bring the gospel to unreached peoples.
Missionary? We're Just Two Accountants (4:05)
- What does this video say about the different roles on the mission field?
- What else stood out to you from this video?
Six Ways to Reach God's World (4:57)
- This is an overview video. Each of the six ways described in this video are in the next several PODs.
- What stood out to you from this video?
All excerpts are from Isobel Kuhn: On the Roof of the World by Janet Benge.
- “I have no intention of going anywhere as a missionary” (locations 101–2).
What is the danger of declaring to God what you WON'T do?
- “There would be more good-byes to come—it was part of being a missionary—and it was best not to dwell too long on them. If such partings were part of God’s will, He would have to bear the burden. It was not one that Belle could carry” (locations 1514–15).
Is the gospel worth hard good-byes? Explain.
- “A noble life is not a blaze of sudden glory won. But just an adding up of days in which good work is done” (locations 2156–59).
What does this mean?
If you have not already done so, view SOGY. Become familiar with the concept of Supporting Others or Going Yourself.
Reflect on what you learned in this meeting, and let it generate prayer as you pray together as a group.