Read Matthew 28:16–20 (Part 1 of 3)
- “but some worshipped” Vs. 17
What role does personal worship play in sharing the gospel with unreached peoples?
- “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore go...” Vs. 18
What is the importance of this truth when obeying the Great Commission stands in opposition to personal fear, family traditions, religious rituals, civil laws, and government mandates that restrict, limit, or even forbid sharing the gospel?
Watch What is a UPG? (2:59)
- “An unreached people group has too few believers to evangelize and disciple the rest of their people group. Almost three billion people fall into this category.”
Describe what your life would be like today if no one had been present to evangelize or disciple you.
- “Over three thousand of the seven thousand unreached people groups are unengaged, unreached people groups...these people groups have no one actively engaged in reaching them.”
Author David Platt said, “The only thing worse than being lost, is being lost and no one is looking for you.”
Imagine you have been tasked by your church to create a four step strategy to bring the gospel to an unengaged, unreached people group. What are the steps?
Watch Understanding the Remaining Mission Task (6:41)
- "Now is the time to unite what we know with what we do."
What would it look like for the church to do this?
All excerpts are from The Abrahamic Revolution by Todd Ahrends.
- “God was not interested in me Christianizing my life; He was interested in me crucifying my life” (location 182–83).
What’s the difference?
- “Salvation has come to us because it’s on its way to someone else” (location 1106–7).
Do you see the gospel as a baton handed to you to hand off to someone in an unreached people group? Explain.
Becoming SOGY. Support others by forming a World Team or go yourself by contacting a mission agency. Describe your process of becoming SOGY
Take a few moments and look over the content of this study. Share the most important thing you learned at this meeting, and let it serve as a guide as your group prays together
Watch The World. (4:38)