The Bible Study tool for Start Up Youth is called a Discovery Bible Study Youth (DBSY). It consists of several questions. Don't skip any; each is important.
- What is something that you are thankful for and what is something you are stressed about?
Give a short answer to each part of this question.
- How can we respond to the needs just shared?
In other words, how can we demonstrate care for each other and the people around us?
- What was the result of your "I will" statement from last week?
Skip this question if this is your first time, but be sure to answer it each meeting afterwards.
The next questions are about a story from the Bible. If you're just beginning, consider using the DBS Story Set. Have everyone in the group look up the passage and follow along as someone reads it aloud.
- What does the passage say about God and people?
Give a brief answer to each part of the question.
- What is one way you can respond to this passage?
Chose one of the options below. State your personal "I will" aloud. It helps if you write down your "I will" statement.
- I will obey God by ____________ this week. (State an action)
- I will tell _____________ the story we just learned. (Name a person if one comes to mind)
- I will show ____________ how to do a DBSY. (Name a person if one comes to mind)
- I will start a Discovery Group with ____________. (Name of persons). A Discovery Group is a study that uses DBSY.