What does it say about God?
- God should be the object of singing (of hymns) in our darkest hour. Acts 16:25
- Interpretation: What attitude do think accompanied the singing?
- Exploration: Why is it important to sing to God in the midst of hardship?
- Application: Have you ever sang praises to God in the midst of your hardship? Explain.
- Belief in the Lord Jesus is sufficient for salvation. Acts 16:31
- Interpretation: What does the term belief mean? What doesn't it mean? What are the basic two basic truths that must be believed to result in saving faith? 1 Corinthians 15:3-4.
- Exploration: Why is it important to define the word belief as being more than just intellectual agreement? Why is it important to know what to believe in?
- Application: Describe how you came to believe yourself in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ?
What does it say about man?
- Some people require an "earthquake" to become responsive to the Lord. Acts 16:30
- Interpretation: What "earthquakes" make people's hearts tender toward the Lord?
- Exploration: Why is it important to find out if people have experienced an "earthquake" in their life?
- Application: How would you go about finding out if a person has experienced an "earthquake" in their life? Was an "earthquake" part of your spiritual journey toward the Lord? Explain. How did God shake your life view in order to get your attention?
- Enemies become friends when genuine conversation occurs. Acts 16:33
- Interpretation: What does the passage say that leads to this conclusion?
- Exploration: Why is this truth important?
- Application: Have you ever experienced fellowship with someone you were hostile towards before you became a follower of Christ? Explain.
What does it say about the gospel?
- The word of the Lord accompanies people's salvation journey. Acts 16:32
- Interpretation: What does the phrase "word of the Lord" mean in this context?
- Exploration: Why is it important to share Scripture with someone as they journey toward salvation?
- Application: Was the word of the Lord part of your journey towards salvation? Explain.