- Observation: What does Acts 16:32 say Paul shared with the jailer?
- Interpretation: What does the word of the Lord mean in this context? What verses from the Old Testament and the Gospels would you share to make sure a person made an informed decision?
- Exploration: Why did they do this? In other words, why would someone need any other information than what was given in Acts 16:31? What was missing? See 1 Corinthians 15:3-4, Romans 10:9
- Application: How would you make sure someone understood enough make a saving decision for Jesus Christ? What truths from the word of the Lord did you need for you to experience saving faith?
- Observation: In addition to confessing with our mouth that Jesus is Lord, what does Romans 10:9 say we must believe in our heart to be saved?
- Interpretation: What is the meaning of the phrase, "raised him from the dead?"
- Exploration: Why is belief in the resurrection of Jesus Christ essential for saving faith? Why isn't it enough to just believe that he died for our sins? See Resurrection study.
- Application: When did the resurrection of Jesus Chrst become real for you in your faith journey?
- Observation: Who Jesus is praying for in the second half of John 17:20?
- Interpretation: What is the message? What four words would you choose to describe the gospel message?
- Exploration: Why did God leave it up to us to continue what Jesus began? Why does God's plan for world evangelism rest with flawed, doubting, non-Bible schooled, people like us?
- Application: How was the gospel message made believable for you in your life? What is your testimony?