Discovery Study 1
Romans 1:8-15 NLT
Question #1. What does this passage say about God?
- God can be thanked. Romans 1:8
- God should be thanked through Jesus Christ. Romans 1:8
- God knows how often we pray. Romans 1:9
- We can bring the needs of others in prayer to God. Romans 1:9
- God's will ultimately determines all things. Romans 1:10
- The Lord is someone with whom we can grow strong. Romans 1:11
Question #2. What does this passage say about mankind?
- God can be known personally. Note the use of the phrase, "my God." Romans 1:8
- Man can thank God. Romans 1:8
- People's faith in God can be talked about by others, far and wide. Romans 1:8
- We can pray day and night for others. Romans 1:9
- We can serve God with all our heart. Romans 1:9
- Man can help others grow strong in the Lord. Romans 1:10
- Man can mutually encourage each other in the faith. Romans 1:11
- A believer can have a great sense of obligation to preach the Good News to people. Romans 1:15
Question #3. What is God saying to me?
- Man can help others grow strong in the Lord. Romans 1:10 (Question #2: Answer 6). Just as others have played a role in helping me grow strong in the Lord, I need to be mindful of helping others grow strong in the Lord.
Question #4. Who can I tell?
- Those God has given me to disciple.
* This passage is quite lengthly, therefore you may need to limit your answers or study a portion of a passage at a time. Do what works.