Discovery Bible Study
John 4:1-38* NLT
Question #1. What does this passage say about God?
- Jesus was not swayed by the prejudice of others. He talked with anyone. John 4:9
- Jesus described the gospel attractively by saying it is permanently satisfying. John 4:14
- Jesus reaches out to the broken. He is not offended by our guilt. John 4:16-18
- Jesus reveals his true identity to those who are ready to know Him. John 4:26
Question #2. What does this passage say about mankind?
- Being truthful, no matter how painful, is the key to making progress with Jesus. John 4:16-18
- The right way to worship God is by being honest, and in agreement with Scripture. John 4:23-24
- Our task is to help finish God's work of making Jesus known. John 4:34
Question #3. What does this passage say about the gospel?
- The gospel permanently satisfies anyone thirsty for forgiven and eternal life. John 4:14
- People are thirsty for what the gospel offers. John 4:15
- The gospel is for people broken by their guilt. John 4:16
Question #4. What is God saying to me?
- My job is to finish the work of making Jesus known. (John 4:34) Make the Great Commission a priority in my life by focusing on making disciples.
Question #5. Who can I tell?
- Anyone I encounter in the flow of everyday life.
* This passage is quite lengthly, therefore you may need to limit your answers or study a portion of a passage at a time. Do what works.