Discovery Bible Study
John 4:1-38* NLT
Question #1. What does this passage say about God?
- Jesus was not swayed by the prejudice of others. He talked with anyone. John 4:9
- Jesus described the gospel attractively by saying it is permanently satisfying. John 4:14
- Jesus reaches out to the broken. He is not offended by our guilt. John 4:16-18
- Jesus reveals his true identity to those who are ready to know Him. John 4:26
Question #2. What does this passage say about mankind?
- Being truthful, no matter how painful, is the key to making progress with Jesus. John 4:16-18
- The right way to worship God is by being honest, and in agreement with Scripture. John 4:23-24
- Our task is to help finish God's work of making Jesus known. John 4:34
Question #3. What is God telling me to do this week? What is my "I will..." statement?
- I will help finish God's work by setting aside one hour this week to go out and tell people about Jesus.
Question #4. Who am I going to tell this week?
- Steve and Jeff.
* This passage is quite lengthly, therefore you may need to limit your study to a portion of the passage. Do what works.