The format for Coaching Meetings is different from Training Meetings.
- Open the meeting with leader-led prayer.
- Inform the group that this is the first coaching meeting.
Explain the following. There is no learning of new tools. The format is different. It consists of two segments; Review & Assist, and Schedule. Tell the group that coaching meetings are voluntary, but highly recommended. They occur once a month. Don't overlook Coaching. It's the difference between someone just knowing the tools and someone becoming a lifelong disciple-maker. Coaching is that important! Consider can take place the same day, time, and location as Tool Box. Keep it to 60 minutes.
Review & Assist
- Review by viewing the Overview.
Also ask the group if anyone has a "God story" to share. A God story is a testimony of God's presence in disciple making.
- Assist by asking these questions.
- “What is your next step?” Consult the Overview to know what's next.
- "How can we help you get there?" Encourage cross-pollination. Let the group help each other. Be ready to reteach tools. The goal is to encourage and equip.
- Schedule a date for the next coaching meeting. They should be scheduled monthly. Consider meeting the same day, time, and location as Tool Box. Keep it to 60 minutes. Plan for refreshments at the end.
- Ask the group to close in prayer.
- Watch one or more for reflection.