- Open the meeting with leader led prayer.
- Review the tools taught the previous weeks. Ask someone to explain it and see if anyone had an experience applying it.
- Look at The Big Picture together. Read it slowly so people can have an idea of where they are in the disciple making process.
- Read about Discovery Study 2 in its entirety. It is important to read the complete instruction about each week’s tool.
- Model what you just read. Demonstrate the tool with the entire group. Do an abbreviated version of Discovery Study 2 by providing a nugget, letting them create three question and answer one.
- Practice what you just modeled. Divide the group into smaller units and move them into breakawaygroups. Direct them to practice with each other what they just read and saw modeled. One person in the group lead the rest of the group doing a Discovery Study 2. Let them do all three steps; discover a nugget, develop questions and discuss questions. Remind them to move quickly through Steps 1 and 2 or that they most likely won’t get through much of Step 3.
- Review what you just practiced. Gather the group back together into one larger group and ask them two key questions; The first question is, “How did it go?” The second question is, “Will someone in the group teach us how to do the tool we just learned without looking at the book?” Ask another person to teach the other tools learned the previous weeks. The group can help those posing as teachers.
- Encourage them to apply the tool they learned during the coming week. Remind them you’ll be asking them about it next week. Let them know everyone will make different progress on this each week.
- Offer a resource; Radical Together, by David Platt. Tell them each week you’ll be offering a resource for those who want to go deeper and read on their own. This is not required reading and will not be discussed in the meetings.
- Watch Spiritual Multiplication. This is just for reflection.
- Pray as a group. Ask group members to lead out in prayer about the tools and video concept