Read Luke 24:13–49. This is one of a series of studies on this passage. This story shows the progression of the gospel from the local starting point to a global finish line.
- Read verse 47. Like a giant relay race, what started in Jerusalem has traveled all the way to your heart. However, it was never meant to end there. The gospel baton is to be handed off to the nations.
Is God prompting you to hand the gospel baton to unreached peoples in general and Hindus specifically? Explain.
- Read verse 48. What is the responsibility of those who have witnessed the saving power of the gospel?
Watch Ten Thousand Churches (2:47)
- “They have planted over five hundred churches. But their goal is ten thousand!”
Why don’t we think in these numbers?
Watch A Day in the Life of Santosh (3:27)
- One worker serving among orphans said, “Seeing orphaned and abandoned children come alive as a result of being loved is indescribable. Seeing this is what made me say, ‘This is what I want to do with my life.’”
Has anything gripped you enough to say, “This is what I want to do with my Christian life”? Explain.
Watch What If (6:28)
- This is a sobering video about sex traficking in Nepal and India. Contact Love Justice International to learn more and get involved in helping bring it to an end.
Excerpts from Revolution in World Missions by K.P. Yohannan.
- “Part of the sin of pride is a subtle but deep racism” (K. P. Yohannan, Revolution in World Missions).
Agree or disagree? Explain.
- “All too often, it seems, we’re willing to be students of Christianity rather than disciples of Christ.” —K.P Yohannan.
What’s the difference?
Become SOGY. Support others by forming a World Team or go yourself by contacting a mission agency. Describe your journey of becoming SOGY.
Share the most important thing you learned at this meeting, and let it serve as a guide as your group prays together.