Read Matthew 28:16–20. (Part 3 of 3)
- “Baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit” Vs. 19
Describe what baptism is...and what it isn’t.
- “Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you” Vs. 20
How does one teach disciples to obey, rather than just know? Try and answer this on your own. If necessary, read Local Starting Points 8 and 11 for helpful information.
- “And be sure of this: I am with you always.” Vs. 20
Why did Jesus remind us that He is always with us as we fulfill the Great Commission?
Watch You Were Made For Missions (2:12)
Watch Radical (2:06)
- “Your heart was made to embrace the global dimension of missional living. If you don’t have a global heart, if you’re not getting your arms around the unreached peoples of the world, there will be a mild or serious sickness in your soul, because your soul was made to do this” (John Piper).
Do you agree or disagree? Explain.
Watch Radical (2:06)
- “We have a Master who demands radical obedience and a mission that warrants radical urgency, and we do not have time to waste our lives living out a Christian spin on the American dream” (David Platt).
What does radical obedience and radical urgency look like.
All excerpts are from The Abrahamic Revolution by Todd Ahrend
- "Nothing slows the momentum for missions more than bad theology...approximately two-thirds of evangelicals (64 percent) think there are multiple paths to salvation”(locations 3058, 3204–6).
Do you think there are multiple paths to salvation? Explain. If so, read John 14:6, 1 Timothy 2:5, and Acts 4:12.
Why is the answer so crucial to mission momentum?
- “Did you know that 86 percent of Buddhists, Hindus, andMuslims...do not have a [single] Christian friend?”(locations 3153–54).
Does this surprise you? Explain.
- “Which is more important--the rescuer who goes down into the well to save a life or the man at the top holding the rope?” (locations 3245–46).
So, which is more important? Explain.
Become SOGY. Support others by forming a World Team or go yourself by contacting a mission agency. Describe your journey of becoming SOGY
Share the most important thing you learned at this meeting, and let it serve as a guide as your group prays together.
Watch Missions Quotes (4:24)