Read Luke 24:13–49. This is one of a series of studies on this passage. This story shows the progression of the gospel from the local starting point to a global finish line.
- Read verse 32. Why would an unreached Hindu’s heart burn with fire as Scripture is explained?
- Read verses 33–35. What do these verses say about how the gospel is transmitted?
Watch Vision National Nepal (7:05)
- The Focus of Vision Nationals Nepal is threefold: a home for orphans, care for widows, and training for pastors throughout South Asia.
What is so important about caring for orphans and widows? (James 1:27)
Why is it so strategic to train national pastors in this part of the world?
Excerpts are from Ida Scudder: Healing Bodies, Touching Hearts by Janet Benge.
- “First ponder then dare. Know your facts. Count the cost. Money is not the important thing...it is the Kingdom of God. Don’t err on the side of being too small.” (locations 1502-4)
Do we think too small? Explain.
- “By the time she had been in the United States for three years, Ida had made herself a promise: no matter what, she would never live in India again.” (locations 185-186).
What’s the danger of telling God what you won’t do for Him?
Become SOGY. Support others by forming a World Team or go yourself by contacting a mission agency. Describe your journey of becoming SOGY.
Reflect on what you learned in this meeting. Pray about it as a group.