Read Luke 24:13–49. This is one in a series of studies on this passage. This story shows the progression of the gospel from the local starting point to a global finish line.
- Read verse 27. Is exposure to Scripture essential for an unreached Hindu to experience salvation? Explain.
- Read verse 31. Based on how slavation was experienced in this passage, how does an unreached Hindu actually experience saving faith? Are any of the following necessary: praying a sinner’s prayer, raising a hand, going forward at an altar call, signing a booklet?
Watch Vision National India (3:30)
- “The threefold approach of Vision Nationals is to provide for orphans, care for widows, and train Indian nationals to plant churches.
What is the value of partnering with this type of ministry? See if you can come up with four reasons.
Watch Bridge of Hope (Part2) (6:26)
K.P. Yohannan gives leadership to Gospel for Asia which spreads the gospel in India by serving the least of these where no one else is serving. They share the gospel through medical camps, schools for children, literacy for women, and digging wells.
- "Something that broke my heart— I had to fight to keep my emotions. That is meeting this most beautiful little girl studying in the third grade. Both her parents are dead and she is staying with her grandmother."
Did you have to fight to keep your emotions too? Explain.
Additional resource, watch Bridge of Hope (Part 1) 8:52
If you have time, watch Church Planting in North India (3:16)
- “Amazing things are happening in our area among unreached peoples. Up until now, the gospel has not penetrated this part of India. We want to see Christianity grow to 20 percent by 2020 in North India.”
God is moving in India. Is He inviting you to help? Explain.
- “In a consumer society, expectations dare not plateau, because a growing economy depends on rising expectations...the more we let our level of contentment be determined by outside factors—a new car, fashionable clothes, a prestigious career, social status—the more we relinquish control over our own happiness” — Paul Brand, medical missionary to India
What outside factors do we let determine our level of contentment? Explain.
Become SOGY. Support others by forming a World Team or go yourself by contacting a mission agency. Describe your journey of becoming SOGY.
Share the most important thing you learned at this meeting, and let it serve as a guide as your group prays together.