Read Luke 24:13–49. Thisis one of a series of studies on this passage. This story shows the progression of the gospel from the local starting point to a global finish line.
- Read verse 19. Some people have never heard of Jesus at all. Others may have only a limited understanding of Him. They know Him only to be a prophet, miracle worker, or teacher.
What five key truths about Jesus wouldyou impart to clarify His identity?
- Read verses 22–24. What is the significance of the resurrection?
Watch Rani’s Story (2:33)
- “I did not know who God was, but He knew who I was.”
"Our task is to make the invisible God, visiable." — Kay Warren
What are three ways to help people know the God who already knows them?
- “The short-term commitment was appealing to me because I don’t know what I want to do with the rest of my life. I know there are all different roads I could be taking right now, but I want to give God this time. I want to be open to Him using me and fully trust Him with my future. One of my biggest fears is that I’m going to get there and I’m going to love it. That I’m not going to want to come home.I love the relationships and life I have here.”
What advice would you give someone in this situation?
Excerpt from Amy Carmichael: Rescuer of Precious Gems by Janet Benge.
- “For one thing, she would no longer waste time on things that weren’t important in God’s eyes. When all the things she’d done in her life were finally judged by God, she wanted them to be found worthwhile. She wanted them to be seenas gold and silver, not hay and stubble.”
Are we wasting time on things that aren’t worthwhile? Explain
Become SOGY. Support others by forming a World Team or go yourself by contacting a mission agency. Describe your journey of becoming SOGY.
Share what you learned in this meeting and pray about it as a group.