Read Matthew 28:16–20 (Part 1 of 3)
- “but some worshipped” Vs. 17
What role does personal worship play in sharing the gospel with unreached peoples?
- “I have been given all authority in Heaven and on earth.” Vs. 18
What is the importance of this truth when obeying the Great Commission stands in opposition to family traditions, religious rituals, civil laws, and government mandates that restrict, limit, or forbid the sharing of the gospel?
Watch What is a UPG? (2:59)
- “An unreached people group has too few believers to evangelize and disciple the rest of their people group. Almost three billion falls into this category.”
Describe what your life would be like today if no one had been present to evangelize or disciple you.
- “Over three thousand of the seven thousand unreached people groups are unengaged, unreached people groups...these people groups have no one actively engaged in reaching them.” David Platt said, “The only thing worse than being lost, is being lost and no one is looking for you.”
What does it look like for Christians to actively engage these people groups?
- “Unreached peoples are grouped into five categories collectively known as the THUMB: tribal, Hindu, unreligious, Muslim, and Buddhist.”
Is this a new concept to you? If not, where did you hear about it first?
- “We are not talking about people who are lost and don’t know the Lord. We are talking about people who are lost, don’t know the Lord, and there is no one who speaks their language who can tell them.”
How did this come about?
All excerpts are from The Abrahamic Revolution by Todd Ahrends.
- “God was not interested in me Christianizing my life; He was interested in me crucifying my life” (location 182–83).
What’s the difference?
- “Salvation has come to us because it’s on its way to someone else” (location 1106–7).
Do you see the gospel as a baton handed to you to hand off to someone in an unreached people group? Explain.
Become SOGY. Support others by forming a World Team or go yourself by contacting a mission agency. Describe your process of becoming SOGY
Take a few moments and look over the content of this study. Share the most important thing you learned at this meeting, and let it serve as a guide as your group prays together
Watch The World. (4:38)